Monday, January 20, 2020

The Face of Reality

My mental health professional gave me homework: update the blogs! Okay, this is number three.

So here I sit in Jacksonville, updating my blogs primarily because it's an assignment. Sure, I love to write, and I have already come to some interesting conclusions about the chain of events that precipitated my return for help from those in the mental health field. And the rise and fall of the Bellevue project, detailed in the previous post, contributed a considerable chunk.The initial response was so great and so immediate, I could not possibly have predicted the way it crashed and burned after six months of diligent hard work by the few of us who carried the ball to the end zone.

The good news is, moving away from Tennessee was a much easier transition than it would have been, had we actually birthed a viable community theatre group in Bellevue. We did not.The other good news is that our friend Pat and I have attended locally produced shows many times since I moved here a year ago. I haven't yet done any onstage or backstage work here yet, but I haven't given up on the idea either.

The reality is, I'm not ever going to be a show biz professional again. Perhaps a vastly talented amateur dabbler. I think that will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment